(To See Roleplaying Experience, Scroll To Bottom.)
M.S. in Library Science, University of North Texas, December 2010.
—Practicum project: The Concordia University Archives Organization Project.
M.A. in English, Lamar University, December 2006.
—Thesis title: Romantic Tragedy and the Redemptive Catharsis.
B.A. in English, Lamar University, May 2004.
—Major field of study: English.
—Minor field of study: Anthropology.
—Certifications: Received certificate of specialized emphasis in Creative Writing.
Academic Honors and Awards
Member, Phi Kappa Phi Academic Honor Society.
Alumnus, Sigma Tau Delta English Honor Society.
Lamar University President’s List, Spring 2004.
Academic Subject Areas of Interest
I. Digital preservation theory, including:
• Digital preservation of born-digital works.
• Digital preservation of scanned analog works.
• Obsolescence of file format and file reader technologies, and the effects that such obsolescence has upon the effectiveness of digital preservation efforts.
• Obsolescence of electronic storage media technologies, and the effects that such obsolescence has upon the effectiveness of digital preservation efforts.
II. Special collections and archives.
I. Literary theory and criticism, including:
• Aristotelian tragic theory.
• Restoration-era and eighteenth century poetry. (Specifically, the works of John Dryden, Alexander Pope, and Jonathan Swift.)
Specialized Skills and Training:
Computer and Technology skills:
Over 30 years self-taught computer experience, ranging from 8-bit systems of the early 80’s, to
present-day technology. (1984-2015.)
High level proficiency with most Microsoft productivity suites and operating environments (MS Windows : XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.1. MS Office: 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, and 365.)
High level proficiency with web-based page editors (Blogger, WordPress, Google Pages, LibGuides, etc.)
Experience with mobile technologies, including:
• High level proficiency with Android phones.
• High level proficiency with Apple iPhone 5 and iPhone 6.
• High level proficiency with Apple iPad 2 and Apple Mini-iPad.
Intermediate level proficiency with Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Basic HTML / CSS knowledge.
I have been playing roleplaying games since 1979 (age 10.)
High level proficiency with BECMI (Basic, Expert, Companion, Masters, & Immortals) D&D rules.
High level proficiency with 1st Edition AD&D rules.
High level proficiency with 2nd Edition AD&D rules.
High level proficiency with 2nd Edition AD&D: Skills and Powers rules.
High level proficiency with 3rd Edition D&D rules.
Intermediate level proficiency with 3.5 Edition D&D rules.
Intermediate level proficiency with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd edition Shadowrun rules.
Intermediate level proficiency with Rifts rules, especially Mutants in Orbit, Phase World, Atlantis, Vampire Kingdoms, and Triax & the NGR.
Intermediate level proficiency with Vampire: The Masquerade rules.
Basic familiarity with many other roleplaying rules systems, too numerous to list here.